Click to Home
Go To Search
RSS FeedsPrint PageEmail PageFacebookTwitter
Boards, Commissions and Citizen Oversight Committee
The City of Hemet has various Boards, Commissions and the Measure U Citizen Oversight Committee, made up of local residents, that provide input to some of our City departments and activities. 

Citizens have an opportunity to participate in the implementation of local policies by serving on an advisory board, commission and committee.  If you are a resident of the City of Hemet or its sphere of influence and would like to volunteer to be a member of a City Board, Commission or Committee, please complete the Volunteer Application.  All meetings of the City's Boards and Commissions are open to the public.  The City of Hemet welcomes your participation.

The Maddy Act, Government Code 54970, requires that the City of Hemet post the following appointment list on an annual basis by December 31.
     City of Hemet Board and Commission Expirations for 2018


The City of Hemet is seeking qualified Applications for the


(per Hemet City Ord. 1918)

 The Hemet City Council is seeking applications from individuals interested in serving on the Citizen Oversight Committee for the recently enacted Ordinance No. 1918 (Measure U). The Citizen Oversight Committee is established to independently review and advise upon the City’s proposed expenditures of Measure U Funds as well as the actual expenditures of Measure U Funds and review of the annual audit conducted of Measure U Funds as required by the Ordinance.  The Committee is advisory only and reports its comments directly to the City Council.  The City Council encourages community members who reside within the city limits, its sphere of influence or who own a business having its primary offices located within the City limits, to apply for this important oversight committee.  Interested parties must be willing to attend quarterly meetings and serve a 2 year term ending February 2021

 If you would like the opportunity to on this volunteer committee, please contact Sarah McComas, City Clerk, 445 E. Florida Avenue, Hemet, CA 92543, (951) 765-2307.  Applications are also available on the City’s website at
Applications must be received by Thursday, December 20, 2018.